This practical guide to Barcelona in 3 days It will take you to explore the most essential places of one of the most visited cities in the world, either walking through its most famous streets and neighborhoods or by subway or urban bus, with which you can access the most distant places of interest.
After touring during the first two days the most interesting modernist buildings, the neighborhoods of Gracia, the Gothic and the Born, the Gothic churches, streets such as Las Ramblas and Paseo de Gracia, on this third day you will visit places like the popular neighborhoods of La Barceloneta and Poblenou, the viewpoints of Montjuic Castle and the Carmel Bunkers, among many other things.
Based on the experience of our numerous visits to Barcelona, we have made this guide to know the best of Barcelona in three days. We start!
Tips for traveling to Barcelona
- All Barcelona routes in 3 days They are designed to start at your hotel. Our recommended hotel in Barcelona is the Caledonian, located in the heart of the city and with a great quality / price ratio.
- To get to the center or to your hotel in Barcelona from Prat Airport, you have several transport options: train, bus, subway, taxi or book the direct transfer to the hotel.
- If you are going to visit many monuments it is advisable to assess whether it is profitable to buy the Barcelona Pass, since with it you can save money and above all time by being able to skip the lines. Another good option is the Hola BCN Card! for 2, 3, 4 or 5 days, with which you will have unlimited access to public transport in the city.
- One of the best tips for traveling to Barcelona is to buy the T10 card with which you will have 10 subway or bus tickets.
- To save money in Barcelona you can visit the Picasso Museum for free on Thursday afternoons, the first Sunday of each month at the Hospital de la Santa Creu and Sant Pau, and on Saturday afternoons at the MNAC.
- To save travel time you can book the Barcelona tourist bus, which stops at all tourist attractions in the city.
- If you want to know better the history of the city and its monuments you can book a free tour with a guide in Spanish through the old town.
All this information that we have now summarized, you can find expanded in the Barcelona Guide in one day.
First day in Barcelona
The morning of the first day of Barcelona in 3 days It starts arriving by subway, lines L2 and L5, to the Sagrada Familia, one of the essential places to visit in Barcelona. Although the church opens at 9, long lines are formed and a fixed number of tickets are sold every day, so to ensure the visit and not have to waste time in the queue you can book this guided tour in Spanish or this guided tour , which includes the climb to the tower.
A good option for one of the 3 days you will spend in Barcelona is to book this complete tour with a guide in Spanish, considered one of the best excursions in Barcelona, which runs through the most important places and where you will know the history of the city better .